Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group V | Mr. P. Narayana Rao

Mr. P. Narayana Rao,
Q. No. 4039, Ordnance Factory,
Yaddumylaram - 502 205.
Medak District, A.P.

Tel: 08455-239599

Mr. P. Narayana Rao (53), Assistant Foreman, Ordnance Factory, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'We came to know of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba in 1989 when my son Vijayakrishna was admitted in Sri Sathya Sai (Residential) School, Kolhapur, run by Sai devotees. As they were taking the students for darshan of Bhagavan occasionally, we also used to go to Prasanthi Nilayam. We were blessed with padanamaskar a few times in those days.

My son completed Engineering and got admission in M.S. in a University in the US. Before he left for the USA, we went to Prasanthi Nilayam for darshan of Bhagavan. When we were at Prasanthi Nilayam, he saw a medallion with Siva and Parvathi in a shop and wanted to have it. He was told to do Siva Ashtottara by astrologists. So, perhaps, he wanted to wear that as a locket in a chain.

My friend Mr. Narasimhulu who was in our group said 'why take this? We can get it done in gold if you spend a little more'. So we returned without it. When we were discussing about getting the locket prepared with Siva and Parvathi, some elders advised to give up the idea. 'No one wears Siva and Parvathi in a chain around one's neck' they pointed out, 'even Saivaites wear only a linga'. We decided to follow their advice, but instructed the goldsmith to prepare a locket with Shirdi Sai on one side and Parthi Sai on the other. 'I can't do it' the goldsmith told us, 'I have the mould of only Shirdi Sai'. So we asked him to do the locket in gold only with Shirdi Sai as we considered that both Sais are one and the same. We received the locket the day my son was flying to the USA. My wife Mrs. Udayalakshmi suggested that the gold locket be fixed in a gold chain. There was no time to get the chain prepared. So we bought the chain on our way to the airport. But the chain was a little thick and it became difficult to fix the locket in it. We somehow got it done and gave the chain with locket to our son. 'Wear this always' we told him, 'this will be protecting you'. He then took off to the States.

He reported to the New Orleans University on August 16, 2005. Our son did not like the atmosphere there, and switched over to another University in the neighbouring State on August 24. On August 28, New Orleans was inundated by the high tide of a hurricane. The whole university was washed off literally. However, students were evacuated in time to safety, but they had to go and seek admission in different places. We thanked Bhagavan for drawing away our son from the New Orleans before the catastrophe, avoiding dislocation of studies for him and terrible anxiety for us about his safety. We could understand the ferocity of the ocean when one of our cousins told us their plight. Her house, which is about 40 miles away from the New Orleans University, was in 8 feet deep water!'

-- Mr. P. Narayana Rao

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 24.11.2005.)