Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group V | Mr. Simhadri Appanna

Mr. Simhadri Appanna,
Pedda Ranga Bomma Centre,
Moturu, Krishna District.

Mr. Simhadri Appanna (30), an agriculturist, relates a few of his experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in his own words.

'For some time, I had been facing rupture in my relations with my wife, and did not know how to bring her round to amicability. One of the elders in my village advised me in 2004 to pray to Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. I began attending to bhajans and praying to Swami about my predicament. Miraculously, my relations with my wife improved over a few weeks. We now live happily.

That year, I had an attack of loose motions coupled with vomiting. I was hospitalized and kept on drip. Yet my position did not improve.

I began praying to Bhagavan ever since the problem arose. My sister-in-law Mrs. G. Durga, who is a Sai devotee, also prayed to Swami for me. Then she had a dream in which both Shirdi Baba and Sathya Sai Baba appeared. They were fanning me waving with small branches of neem tree. Next morning, she came to me to tell me about her dream, and to reassure me about the protection of Swami. When she came to me, she found, to her surprise, that I was completely normal.

In 2004, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam. Devotees from Mahabubnagar district came then with Gayathri-mata. It was my first visit here. I had darshan of Bhagavan for the first time then.

I came for seva this year in November. For the last four days, I was pestering my group leader to permit me to go back as I was anxious about my agriculture, cattle and fields. Last night (November 28), I had a dream. Swami appeared in the dream and took me to my village. 'Go and see your fields, cattle and your family' Swami told me, 'come back in an hour to Rama's temple. I will be waiting there.' I went in the dream to all my fields as well as my house, and told them that I had returned from Prasanthi Nilayam. Then I went to see Swami at Rama's temple on a hill near our village. Swami was found seated on the stairs leading to the temple.

'I asked you to come in an hour' Swami told me as if chiding me, 'you have come after two hours. Well! Let us go!'

'Where to, Swami!' I asked.

'To Prasanthi Nilayam' Swami replied, 'you have not completed your seva there.'

I woke up this morning only to find that I have been in Prasanthi Nilayam.'

-- Mr. Simhadri Appanna

(As narrated to Mr. B. Parvatala Rao at Prasanthi Nilayam on 29.11.2005.)