Please read Samarpan on the site and contribute your mite to Sri Sathya Sai Veda Pratishtan. | Please Subscribe to Vedamu YouTube channel

Features | Experience of the Divinity of Bhagavan by Devotees | Group V | Ms. Penila Bhutia

Ms. Penila Bhutia, I B.Com. (Hons),
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning,
Anantapur Campus.

Ms. Penila Bhutia, a student of the First Year, B.Com (Hons) of the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Anantapur Campus narrates a few of her experiences of the Divinity of Bhagavan in her own words.

'Two years back, after my ICSE Board examination, I was looking forward to the holidays, and planning to spend them in the best way possible. But things did not go as I anticipated. One morning I collapsed due to fatigue. My parents rushed me to a family doctor, who was unable to diagnose what exactly was wrong with me. But after detailed examination, he said to my mother 'I am sorry, but the chances of her survival are slim.' My mother was shocked to hear this, and fainted. I went into coma, and so I was kept in the ICU for nearly 13 days. All the doctors did their best to revive me. But all the medicines they tried had no effect on me. Everyone almost gave up hope. During those days, my parents, brothers, sisters and relatives were fervently praying for my health. Finally, my mother who has been Bhagavan's devotee since her childhood, called a friend in Puttaparthi, told her about my condition, and cried bitterly.

The next morning my mother's friend went for Swami's darshan, determined to ask Swami about me. But to her disappointment, Swami did not pass her way. So she started praying ardently to Him. At that very moment, Bhagavan turned towards her, called one person and sent 13 packets of vibhuti to be given to her along with the instruction that they should be given to the patient as soon as possible. She sent the packets of vibhuti through courier to my mother.

When my mother received the prasad, she put some in my mouth. Behold! I came back to consciousness, and felt as fresh as if I was never ill at all. The doctors were awestruck and proclaimed it a miracle. They were unaware of the fact that I had taken Bhagavan's vibhuti. They presumed that the medicine they had given me had worked, and diagnosed that I was suffering from cerebral malaria. But the fact was known only to my parents. My parents noticed that Bhagavan had given me 13 packets of vibhuti and I was in come for 13 days. According to our tradition, the soul is believed to take a new body, 13 days after it leaves the previous body. So my father concluded that Bhagavan had been kind enough to give me another birth.'

-- Ms. Penila Bhutia

(As extracted from the souvenir Ananta Prematarangini published by the Anantapur Campus of the SSSIHL on the occasion of the 80th Birthday of Bhagavan)